Manchester

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My thoughts are with all those who have sadly lost loved ones in the tragic and needless events of last night.

My heart bleeds for those who have yet to receive news about the whereabouts of their dear ones.

And for all concerned with assisting , clean up and investigations..........you're doing a heartbreaking job brilliantly....thank you. X

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in Altrincham, just south of Manchester, so thanks for the kind thoughts. I think we're still in shock. I just can't understand why someone would do this. Manchester is such a friendly place, full of diverse, hard-working people. To target an event that was attended by so many young people is just appalling. My husband and my brother were both at the Arena the previous night and left through the same exit that was targeted by the bomber... I dread to think what could have happened if the attack was 24 hours earlier.

It's sickening that in this day and age there are people who want to go out and kill innocent children. Cowards.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Shocking and there is no way you can fight an ideology, a mindset or an intolerance. People can kill themselves and maim innocents just to make a point! They can be a lone wolf, foreign or native. Internet can brainwash a lot of misfits. People should be educated on ethics, right or wrong instead of just education. I don't believe in religion, but it would not harm people to learn from a young age that people should not kill.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I'm in shock, of course. We ourselves experienced an explosion in the metro a month and a half ago.
And every year. Therefore for us it is always a tragedy, in any city.
Therefore today we carry flowers and toys to the embassy of the UK . :(
2.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Judging from the world-wide outpouring of shock, sympathy, and outrage, the bomber failed miserably in his goal. Yes, he killed and wounded innocent people, but look how many people and nations have been united by his cowardly action. From his evil comes some good.
My heartfelt sympathy for Manchester, the UK, and the world.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Perfectly good philosophy there. As my old mum used to say ''We are fearfully made''

Ask a Question