Malathion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
To cure and save my okra, I bought this at the gardening store. It says it helps when it comes to pests. My aunt said it is very good, too. Unfortunately, I do not really know how to use it. Can anyone teach me? Thanks!

34f00ow.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
To cure and save my okra, I bought this at the gardening store. It says it helps when it comes to pests. My aunt said it is very good, too. Unfortunately, I do not really know how to use it. Can anyone teach me? Thanks!

34f00ow.jpg
I would NEVER use this. Why not do yourself a favor and do a little research on it first. Just do a search on your computer about malathion. It might change your mind. To make a long story short when this stuff is ingested, absorbed into the skin or inhaled it changes or metabolizes into something called malaoxon which is very toxic Malathion is toxic just by itself but when inside the body it is really toxic. If you insist on using this stuff read the directions carefully and follow them. Don't they have organic products in the Philippines? Something with spinosad in it? Or maybe pyrethrum or permethrin? Pyrethrum and permethrin are bad enough but still a lot safer than malathion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I would NEVER use this. Why not do yourself a favor and do a little research on it first. Just do a search on your computer about malathion. It might change your mind. To make a long story short when this stuff is ingested, absorbed into the skin or inhaled it changes or metabolizes into something called malaoxon which is very toxic Malathion is toxic just by itself but when inside the body it is really toxic. If you insist on using this stuff read the directions carefully and follow them. Don't they have organic products in the Philippines? Something with spinosad in it? Or maybe pyrethrum or permethrin? Pyrethrum and permethrin are bad enough but still a lot safer than malathion

Oh wow. Thank you for telling me this! I didn't know because this was the only product available when I checked the store. Maybe I should visit another one. :( I will tell my mother immediately because she uses this. Thanks again, Chuck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brick

Latest Threads