Make friends with golf course maintenance

Reaction score
Looking for a cheap way to add to your landscape? Make friends with people who work in golf course maintenance. My husband used to work for one of the big golf communities in our area. When ever they decided they wanted to change the landscape, the dug the plants up and threw them away. My husband, being the wise man that he can be, asked if he could bring them home. He brought home sod, plugs, day lilies, hibiscus, azaleas, and all sorts of things I can't even remember the names for. It really saved us a ton! Many of them still will allow you to do this even though they have had budget cuts. All you need to do is ask and go pick them up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds like a really great idea! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who works in golf course maintenance. Golf isn't a popular sport here, where I live. In my area, there are no golf courses:( If there were, I'd go there immediately! I love getting new plants, especially for free:D

Ask a Question