Majesty palm

Reaction score
Country
United States
My majestic palm plant has little warms in it, I'm not sure if u should repot..also, the base the plant is very weak, I can move it very easily...doss anyone know what's happening?

Attachments

• 15815242466852492482332200638474.jpg
    15815242466852492482332200638474.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 180
Reaction score
Country
United States
Indoors they need at least 4-6 hours of bright, indirect light per day. Maintaining the correct soil moisture is key to keeping your palm happy and healthy. The soil should be constantly moist, but not soggy and never let the soil dry out completely, or sit in water. The worms are there because poor quality potting soil, however i wouldn't change the soil because that would cause more problems. Those bugs will not harm the plant and are not the cause of the frond browning. Just maintain the right watering and lighting and you should be ok.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Indoors they need at least 4-6 hours of bright, indirect light per day. Maintaining the correct soil moisture is key to keeping your palm happy and healthy. The soil should be constantly moist, but not soggy and never let the soil dry out completely, or sit in water. The worms are there because poor quality potting soil, however i wouldn't change the soil because that would cause more problems. Those bugs will not harm the plant and are not the cause of the frond browning. Just maintain the right watering and lighting and you should be ok.
Thank you. What kind of soil would you recommend? (For my other plants)

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite soil mix is Pro-mix HP for a lot of plants in the Winter and Pro-mix BX in the Summer, however you can use whatever you can get locally. The top choice of potting mixes are Pro mix, HP, Pro mix BX, which are soilless, and the ORGANIC MIXes are Roots Organic potting soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil, Happy Frog potting soil, Black Gold Natural & Organic Potting soil, and Espoma Organic Potting Soil. All the organic soils have been amended organically with amendments and will not need any feeding.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite soil mix is Pro-mix HP for a lot of plants in the Winter and Pro-mix BX in the Summer, however you can use whatever you can get locally. The top choice of potting mixes are Pro mix, HP, Pro mix BX, which are soilless, and the ORGANIC MIXes are Roots Organic potting soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest Soil, Happy Frog potting soil, Black Gold Natural & Organic Potting soil, and Espoma Organic Potting Soil. All the organic soils have been amended organically with amendments and will not need any feeding.
Thank you so much for that information. Can I ask you one more thing. I just repotted a baby plant in my poor quality soil, can I repoted it once I purchase new potting soils you mentioned, I reported roughly 2 weeks ago should I repot it? Or it will be too much stress on the plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its best not re-pot because it could cause problems this early after just transplanting. However if the plant is suffering from the poor soil you may not have a choice. If that's the case, then wait until the soil drys well, and water well, then remove the plant very Gently and remove the old soil and replace with new soil. Use the same size container. Try not to damage any of the tiny roots if you can, and after transplanting, give a little water not a lot. After the transplant leave the plant alone and allow the roots to dry and grow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its best not re-pot because it could cause problems this early after just transplanting. However if the plant is suffering from the poor soil you may not have a choice. If that's the case, then wait until the soil drys well, and water well, then remove the plant very Gently and remove the old soil and replace with new soil. Use the same size container. Try not to damage any of the tiny roots if you can, and after transplanting, give a little water not a lot. After the transplant leave the plant alone and allow the roots to dry and grow.
Thank you so much. You are so knowledgeable. I just started collecting plants and learning how to care for them. Thank you again for all your help

Ask a Question