Maha Shivratri festival 2017

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
These are some pic from my home town temple.

this is a giant size lamp, where people from locality can add ghee ( oil to fuel the lamp ) instead of lighting small lamp individually
3333333 (1).jpg

3333333 (2).jpg

Here pandits (priest ) climbing on top of temple to light a lamp atop of it (about morning 5 am)

check out the crowd gathered, people stay awake and fast the whole night.
3333333 (3).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
These are some pic from my home town temple.

this is a giant size lamp, where people from locality can add ghee ( oil to fuel the lamp ) instead of lighting small lamp individuallyView attachment 16918

View attachment 16919

Here pandits (priest ) climbing on top of temple to light a lamp atop of it (about morning 5 am)

check out the crowd gathered, people stay awake and fast the whole night.View attachment 16920
My son lives in Kuala Lumpur at Bartu Caves where we climbed a very steep staircase to see a lovely indian temple. There are a lot of colorful celebrations and festivals there which they can watch from their balcony. We could hear their prayers when we were there and it was fascinating. Thanks for sharing your beautiful images and giving us a glimp6sw into your part of the world.

Ask a Question