Lucky bamboo question

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry didn’t know where to post this I just signed up .. not to familiar with the lay out....

So how have a quick question...I bought 9 sticks ...all of them were dried out barely hanging on ... but still green ... just a bit wrinkled and the roots were dry for a day or so at the store I’m guessing... got them super cheap..

.immediately before I left the store ... basically as soon as I saw them I made a make shift pot witha terra cotta pot and a grocery bag and some water to get them drinking ASAP bought them and took them home ... I kept them in rock water for about a week ... some of the plants started to loose their wrinkles and fatten up so now I have the healthy ones in soil...
but 3 of them .....they are doing good still in water but they are still a little wrinkled... when I loook at the roots it looked like the plant itself made only one new fresh root that it’s using to feed from ... you can tell a live root from a dead one ... ...i think anyway..

so I have these wrinkled stalks submerged in little plastic shot glasses they came in ....they are just pressed into the soil next right to the other 6 that are planted in soil......

so basically I’m asking is there a way to stimulate root growth bu maybe pruning a few dead roots away .. i also put a super tiny bit of root hormon in the water ... like a very little bit...also about 1000th of a gram of asprin in the water and some shiligit...also a Very small amount... my plants are pretty much doing awesome just wanted to know if it’s ok to prune some dead roots to possibly stimulate growth .. thanks ..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Fertilizing with shilajit, how exceptionally exotic. Is there any reason you think it would be beneficial?

To answer your question, yes, you can prune off dead roots, though that alone will not stimulate new growth.

Lucky 'Bamboo' (Dracaena braunii and/or D. sanderiana), is a tolerant houseplant that can be grown in water, saturated soil, or a moist well-drained mix.

Ask a Question