Lucky Bamboo help!?¿

Naadnad

It's a Nad life but not a bad life
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have had lucky bamboos for years , but I left my ex back in 2020 and he made it difficult for me to get all my plants. Upon moving in to my new apt, I got a new lucky bamboo. This guy is doing mediocre as far as in comparison to my bamboos I had previously.. anyways I noticed his leaves turning yellow a few days ago so I moved it, assuming the leaves were singing from the grow light it was near.. I dont give most of my plants tap water(lucky bamboo included). Anyways, right now I watered it and was just observing his leaves to see if i could see any difference since moving it. LONG STORY SOMEWHAT SHORT, I FOUND A WEB LIKE THING ON ONE OF ITS LEAVES. IS IT A SPIDER WEB ?¿ IS IT SOME SORT OF FUNGUS/GROWTH FROM THE WATER OR SOMETHING SIMILAR??¿¿ HOW DO i fix this? Is this something to be concerned about? Can it transfer to neighboring plants? I have only two near it now but initially it was near different plants of mine, and who knows if this is something that just happened since moving it or from before that. Im stressin' please any advice/answers to any of those q's is truly appreciated!!
16466386336244277902102059687610.jpg

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
1646638663950770811647054411792.jpg
i know both images dont really capture it well but it is the lower leaf)): hopefully you guys can see

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
20220306_233923.jpg
probably as good as it is gunna get and dont mind my dracaena, my cat knocked him over a while back and spme of his leaves took some damage hes aight tho thrivin. Lol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Judging from both the yellow speckled leaves and the webbing, your Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena braunii or Dracaena sanderiana) might be infested with Spider-mites. Immediately isolate this plant form your other plants and inspect it carefully. Try to brush or shake some mites onto a piece of white paper to determine their presence. If you determine you dodo have Spider-mites, begin a regimen of spraying with an insecticidal soap. Continue until the infestation is eliminated.

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
OMG HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM I JUST SAW THIS AND I HAVE LIKE TWO PLANTS NEAR IT AND BASICALLY SINCE I JUST SAW THIS, THEY HAVE NOT BEEN REMOVED/THE BAMBOO HAS NOT BEEN ISOLATED FROM THEM. AM I TOO LATE TO ISOLATE THEM)": IM STRESSIN I AM ABOUT TO GO CHECK TO SEE THE DAMAGE RIGHT NOW (DAMAGE AS IN WHETHER THEY GOT TO MY OTHER PLANTS THAT ARE NEAR THE LUCKY BAMBOO OR NOT). WISH ME LUCK. THANKS 4 ANY INPUT/PRIOR ADVICE AS WELL.

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I thought the yellowing of the leaves was from the original place i had the bamboo located at which was under one of my grow lights. I thought maybe it was a lil burnt from too much light so I moved it . Which is why it totally went over my head that the vause could have been the spider mites. I hate bugs im gunna have to figure out how im gunna remove them or have my bf.lol it is such a conflicting thing I deal w, love gardening hate bugs.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If used, correctly applications of non-toxic insecticidal soap should suffocate the spider mites (Tetranychidae, Acari).
Setting an infested houseplants outdoors, in mild weather, can also help with a spider mite infestation.

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I went a lil crazy paranoid and sprayed nearly all my indoor plants w 91% alcohol as well as a diy insecticide . Plan to give those same plants a run under water but avoiding the soil, to hopefully help too. Hopefully that works plants seem to have not taken too much damage from the alcohol/insecticide treatment too so thats good.

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So how long should I be using the application to yaknow remove the spider mites because tbh I only sprayed a day or two w the alcohol because it is strong and I figured It might end up being harmful (for the plants) if I did it too consistently. I know Im being paranoid because I started convincing myself other plants haf bugs too even though they dont show any of the negative effects that come from those issues. Lol I ended up spraying all my indoor plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
After application of the insecticidal soap, examine the plants frequently.
If you see new damage indicative of continued infestation, perform another application.

Naadnad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I put the lucky bamboo outside Idk if Im just trippin but I swear there is a problem in my "indoor plant garden" area

Ask a Question