Lowes moisture, light, and PH meter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi all, I am starting to work on my lawn and am pretty sure I need to start with aerating it and testing to see the PH level before doing anything. Lowes has a $9 PH meter for soil. Has anyone had any luck using it?
I am in South MS also if anyone has any tips.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I have one. I think it does N-P-K and Ph. I've only used it a time or two not sure why, maybe the variable of use? Soil moisture, how deep to insert, measure contact, the black magic inside the case, lack of confidence of a do all tool? Probably a matter of trying it and not understanding the results or getting mixed results or something ... Could have very well been user malfunction, I'm that way sometimes. They very well could be an effective tool.

I do use and have had what I think is good success with something like this. I like it because it's an actual test and a uses basic scientific process and it has defined controls. Kind of fun to do too.

I don't really have grass so I can't comment specific to Ph and grass.

I should do a comparison with the stick next time I use the kit.

https://www.harrisseeds.com/product...st-Kit-small?gclid=CKqqlOT6-dMCFUpNfgodKyEDRg

40584_157b5348-3600-4b28-bfd6-ed7e0a482d19_1024x1024.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a pond and thought about getting the pond testing kit and just mixing soil in with distilled water. I really only need it to see what I have to do to amend the soil. Now that's a sassy kit right there!

Ask a Question