Love Gardening

Reaction score
I just love gardening and planting new stuff at home. I have a small garden in my backyard where I plant new seeds of flowers and vegetables. I have money plant at home, mint, cactus, palm and a few others. Last year I planted oregano seeds but those did not come out this year. Maybe it just died considering I am in Michigan and the weather here is extreme. Hope to plant some more this summer. Will post about that later.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi deepti01, welcome to gardening forums! We always love pics here, so it would be great if you get a chance to post some photos of your garden :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds great! :) I always think it's disappointing that money doesn't grow on money plants though ;)

Reaction score
My ex grandmother in law used to have several money plants in her yard. I haven't thought about those in years until you just now mentioned them. I love cactus and since I always have trouble remembering to water my houseplants, they work great for me. :) I haven't had any for a few years though since I got an inside cat. I am afraid the cat and the cactus wouldn't make a good pair.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I really enjoy gardening also. I can't do much of a garden anymore, so I guess I am more of just a hobby gardener, than a real producer. But I enjoy it, and if I get veggies and flowers from my efforts, that is even better.
Even in the winter, when I am freezing and bundled up, I can enjoy planning for summer and what I want to grow when spring comes.

Reaction score
I just love gardening and planting new stuff at home. I have a small garden in my backyard where I plant new seeds of flowers and vegetables. I have money plant at home, mint, cactus, palm and a few others. Last year I planted oregano seeds but those did not come out this year. Maybe it just died considering I am in Michigan and the weather here is extreme. Hope to plant some more this summer. Will post about that later.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your summer planting project. I'm taking a hiatus from planting new things because I'm apartment hunting. I agree that gardening is a very rewarding hobby and relaxing as well.

Reaction score
I really enjoy gardening also. It's something I have done all my life. I find its a very good way of keeping myself busy and it also helps me to relax. I am also new to this forum and I am finding it very helpful :). Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
I've had a garden since I was about seven years old. I would grow everything with my family when we were living by the farm in my native country. In my native country most people are farmers and I love that. They ate what they grew and they never have to buy anything. I love it since I was a kid so I think that's why I still love it now. Its just genetic. My parents were farmers so that's why I always have a love for nature. They use to hunt and fish and grew everything. I think back in the old days there were more farmers than now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gardening is my passion too, so I understand how you feel. It's so pleasant and relaxing to take care of plants and to watch them grow. It always cheers me up:D

Reaction score
welcome to the forum, another person who loves gardening is good thing! I suspect most of the people who join love to garden or want to learn more about it. As far as I'm concerned we can't have enough gardening nuts on this website!

Reaction score
I love gardening as well, some years ago when I was a really active gardener I was so happy and stress-free you'd not believe it if you saw me now! Gardening can be so relaxing, I'll never forget those special moments... it was such a peaceful and nice period in my life. Gardening is one of the best hobbies ever, I hope I can get into it later.

Reaction score
Trellum, I agree that gardening can leave one destressed and peaceful, its a very theraputic pastime. Once my hands are in the soil all of my troubles vanish, at least temporarily. It gets me out of my head and into the simplicity and beauty that surrounds me when I am working on the plants.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree firelily99 once I get my hands in the soil all of my concerns are gone for the moment. Sometimes I will be thinking about a situation that I don't have the answer to when I start in the garden and by the time I finish in the garden I have the answer to my problem and can move forward.

Reaction score
That happens to me to although its because I am not thinking about it. My head gets still in the garden and when it does all kinds of good ideas start to appear.

Ask a Question