Looking for info on growing rhubarb from seed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Rhubarb Seeds Small Photo.jpg

These plants are extremely easy to start from divisions, but I'm quite curious about growing them from seed. I tried to grow them last year and did not succeed. There isn't much info on the packet. It just says to start them in spring at a permanent location. It's supposed to take them about two weeks to germinate. I think that I may have started them too late last year, as it was so unbearably hot in late spring.

I am planning to try again in April, but the package doesn't specify which month is best. I am even considering attempting to start a few indoors right now. Hopefully I will have better luck this year! I would love to hear if anyone has managed to start rhubarb from seed, and how they did it. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I for get about growing rhubarb form seed its much better to lift mature roots. You bit late this should be done from November to February see if you can get hold of a root from someone.

Ask a Question