Looking for a flowering climber!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Then this is the perfect climber:D. It's gorgeous, it grows fast and it doesn't need anything special. How convenient:D. I wonder if my parents would notice it if I planted it. Lately, they don't have time to work in the garden, so there is a chance that it would manage to grow pretty big. Or maybe I'll better wait until I move out to my own place:love:

Reaction score
You can start trying :) It can make you feel more prepared for the time you move to your own place :) Are you planning to get a house of your own or an apartment? If you move to a house of your own... then sky is the limit :love: but if you move to an apartment, then you will have to be very creative and do what you can with the space you have :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm afraid that I'll never be able to afford a house:( I'm a philosophy student and houses are really expensive. Even the smallest apartament would make me very happy though. After all, there are so many lovely plants that can be grown indoors. Maybe I would even manage to grow a climber in a flowerpot:D

Reaction score
Oh, sorry to hear that! Right now I'm not able to afford a house either :D and my boyfriend can't get one either... his credit isn't so good, but maybe both us can do something to fix it in the future. For now just an apartment, just waiting for that to happen :) Houses are really expensive in the Netherlands... I actually dream of having a house like the one my in laws have :cry: Just like that :p

Yeah, you can do a lot even with a small balcony :) Plus if you have a lot creativity and patient you can grow a lot amazing things indoors :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hope that in the future we will both find our dream houses:). Although I must say that I'm already so extremely tired of living with my parents, that having even the smallest apartment seems heavenly to me. Anything would be better than this. I prefer to grow my miniature roses indoors anyway:)

Reaction score
I feel ya! In my country is a tradition to stay with your parents until you get married (for women only) so I had to live a long time with them. It really gets old very quick, isn't it? My first apartment felt like heaven, even tho it wasn't mine, but at least I was renting it :) It's great because you can do whatever you want with the space and have as many plants as you want indoors ;) My parents never liked to have plants indoors, can you believe it?!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, some traditions really should be forgotten:p. I haven't decided yet if I'll ever get married and I know for sure that I don't want to live with my parents. I want to live with my boyfriend for some time before we go official, this way we will know that it's a good decision:). Anyway, in my country, there is no such tradition, but apartments are so expensive that many young people don't have any other choice and have to stay with their families:(
My mother currently has more than 50 potted plants. My father hates them though:p

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't forced to stay, but actually staying with the family over here can be good. Mostly because living alone and being a single girl can be a bit dangerous :unsure: Sadly in my country the same thing happens... rent is SO expensive! You'd need to sell an arm, a leg, both eyes and a kidney to buy a house :eek: Ok, I might be exaggerating, but it's quite close ;)

Right now I live at an apartment, and I've some plants :) I'm just waiting now to move to a different apartment in the Netherlands ;) A house isn't in our plans for at least 6 or 7 years :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The most important is that you can live together:D If I could live with my boyfriend, it would be like a dream! Unfortunately, we are both students and we don't work. Living a life of a child and living with family is convenient, but I really have enough of it. Lately, I stopped dreaming about new dresses or skirts. Now, I dream about my own fridge and other things like this:p

Reaction score
Aww *hugs*. I know what you mean, when I was younger it was so good to be at my parents home, living like a teenager was awesome. But as I grew up I started to really want some place to call my own :( Even if it was a small place, just thinking of that made me feel so happy! So I can really understand how you feel, after all I lived with my parents for a very long time before I finally moved out, hehe! Don't feel bad tho, everything will present itself in the right time ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hope! Thank you for your kind words:) To be honest, I've never enjoyed living with them, not even for one second. We are just too different. Now it's even worse, because somehow, they seem to think that I'm still a child, even though I'm an adult woman. Oh well, I believe that one day I'll have my own fridge!:)And maybe even a dishwasher:p

Ask a Question