Looking for a cascading evergreen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Just put a round brick wall around a tree in the front yard. It is only 18 inches high and about 10 ft in diameter. Would like to put about 8 evenly spaced evergreens that would droop over the wall.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
the actual plant or plants does not come to my mind. But the process does. I believe, you have to find a softer branching one, and use string and weights to encourage the growth pattern you wish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Look at prostrate rosemary--it's evergreen, fragrant, deer repellent, and it has culinary uses. For 10' of wall you would need four prostrate rosemarys. They get fairly big in two years and if they get too "enthusiastic" you can always trim them back. Added bonus is the small blue flowers they have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Look at prostrate rosemary--it's evergreen, fragrant, deer repellent, and it has culinary uses. For 10' of wall you would need four prostrate rosemarys. They get fairly big in two years and if they get too "enthusiastic" you can always trim them back. Added bonus is the small blue flowers they have.
nice plant, would not have this come to mind as it is not in my zone, needs a warmer climate. come to think about it don't see the zone of the asking person.
http://magnoliagardensnursery.com/p...stratus-prostrate-rosemary-creeping-rosemary/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I always think that Rock Cress looks lovely cascading down a wall :)

For example:

Aubrieta02-500x500.jpg

You could have a variety of colours all around the tree, it would look lovely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yes you did. 8-9-10 but other links say 10 degrees F.which is ok in my area.
Again can I buy them already planted in pots (not seeds).

Ask a Question