Look at this!

Reaction score
Just had to share what I saw when I went out my front door a moment ago. This a a Red Hibiscus that I purchased on sale at Lowe's about 1 week ago. I believe it was $6. Beautiful full size blooms that just bloomed today, grown as a standard. It's still in it's little pot that it came in from the store.

Red_Hibiscus.jpg
Red_Hibiscus_closeup.jpg

Reaction score
What a way to start the day viewing that beautiful plant at your door. I love the color. The blooms are so attractive. Six dollars is not a bad price to pay either. I cannot remember seeing these at my local Lowes when I went a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
Lovely blooms! They don't seem so small though, or else I could have gotten something like that. I have only a little space on my balcony, there isn't so much that I can do. I really love the color though.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful color. That is something I would not mind seeing first thing in the morning. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Gorgeous! That is what came to mind when seeing this flower. I love the brightness of the color, great job that you have done there!

Reaction score
Wow, your hibiscus is gorgeous. For $6, that was a deal. Are you going to keep it in a pot or plant it somewhere more permanent?

Reaction score
Your hibiscus is so beautiful. There is a perennial hibiscus that will come back year after year and they are beautiful. The older the plant, the bigger it gets and the bigger the blooms. I had one for many years and it got dark red blooms the size of dinner plates on it. And it got dozens of blooms every summer. Unfortunately, when I moved it was so huge I did not try to take it with me. I have a small one I am nursing right now that gets white blooms with a little red spot in the middle.

Reaction score
I had hibiscus a while ago, the blooms are so beautiful! You took the picture just in the right time :) My blooms always died the next day :( I wonder if it is like that for all the hibiscus or it was just mine? :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's so beautiful! Looking at these pictures makes me want to start growing hibiscus too:) Does it come in white as well? I love red color, but I've always dreamed of having an all white garden:)

Reaction score
Wow how gorgeous! That red coloring is so vivid, almost looks spray painted!

Reaction score
Just had to share what I saw when I went out my front door a moment ago. This a a Red Hibiscus that I purchased on sale at Lowe's about 1 week ago. I believe it was $6. Beautiful full size blooms that just bloomed today, grown as a standard. It's still in it's little pot that it came in from the store.

View attachment 3101 View attachment 3102
Wow !! That's so beautiful !! We live in Florida where you can get those at our home stores as well. They look so amazing in landscaping too. In our last home, we had many of them and when they bloomed it was stunning !! You do have to watch them here when we do get our "colder" weather . If it gets close to freezing you have to cover them really well or they will die.

They are one of my favorite plants, so bight and colorful!!

Enjoy!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are beautiful. I love that color red. It is so bright and bold. I would love to have about 6 of these all around the front of my house. That color stands out so much, that everyone would be able to see them from the road.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Wow :), nice flowers, a lot of shiny color! The plant certainly looks very happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProNailComplex

Latest Threads