Look - A - Like Pholxy baby

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I went looking for a deep Pink climber this morning with no luck. I found this little guy hiding under a table. All I could think It looks like a Phlox of some kind, I was so wrong it was a rose. the flower are under 1 inch wide and said to have 50 flower per stem thats going to be a whole lot of flowers, 5-petales open to a medium-pink hue that eventually transitions to a 1/2 inch light pink rose. This rose came out in late 2012 early 2013, I had to move some day lilies so I could plant it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sorry forgot to post them.

Phloxy baby 1.JPG

Phloxy baby  2.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks similar to a dog rose, quite delicate. :) Don't forget to remove the dead flower heads or it will stop flowering completely.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I will be dead heading it this week, I just wanted to get in the ground before it started to get hot here. From what I've read its crossed with a wild rose, I like it because its disease resistant

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
This might be the one named "Nearly Wild" ... it's an easy keeping rose, I had one once and loved it!

Ask a Question