Logical Contradiction

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
China is dredging onto coral atolls in the South China Sea to build new islands:

https://www.ft.com/content/c5e1443a-0773-11e5-a58f-00144feabdc0

We're being told that coral reefs are dying and that the seas are rising due to anthropogenic climate change.

So is this the greatest waste of time, money and energy in human history, or are we being fed a pack of lies on climate change?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'd go for the lies. The climate NEVER stops changing. Look at Greenland 12000 years ago, an agricultural area until global cooling froze it. When I lived on the gulf coast a few years ago the water wasn't rising, the land was sinking due to the pumping of oil and water. It was called subsidence. All this global climate change is based on is computer models and projections and these models are not scientifically proved. It is a so called consensus. In science there is no such thing as consensus, only facts and the facts are not there to prove one way or the other that man is the cause of the climate changing. Man has not been on earth forever but the climate has and it is forever changing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If it wasn't for global warming, I would still be under four miles of ICE !! The Earth changes all on its' own, in its' own time. Don't worry, Be happy!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, you guys know my views are based on the facts...

Fact 1 - We are still in an ice age, there have been longer and warmer interglacial periods than the one we are in.

Fact 2 - CO2 is at it's lowest concentration in the atmosphere since the time the coal was laid down in the Carboniferous period, its currently about 380 ppm, it has been thousands of times higher in the past :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow! Its been said and agreed to and no one has been called a fool or worse. I can remember when we were being warned about the earth heading into another ice age in the1970's. Given the choice of warming or cooling I'll take warming any day.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's like the fake war in George Orwell's 1984. Give the prols something else to worry about and they won't think about the big picture.

I think the tree line in the last glaciation was somewhere about the Spanish/French border. No trees could grow north of that. Imagine that today :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow! Its been said and agreed to and no one has been called a fool or worse. I can remember when we were being warned about the earth heading into another ice age in the1970's. Given the choice of warming or cooling I'll take warming any day.
I, too, remember being warned of the impending Ice Age when I was in school in the 60's. I lived in Alaska at the time, and our teacher said that Alaska would have Florida weather in the next 100 years due to tilting of the Earth's axis. I guess they knew what they were talking about, Alaska and Florida weather are slowly meeting in the middle!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
Co2 emissions great for plants! One problem is that we don't have the plant life like we used to. Has the planet been warming since the last ice age? Of course it has. Are we to blame for that warming? Probably not but are we a contributing factor to it seeing as we not only produce co2 plus cut down Forrests/plants that utilizes it? I'd say we are. Should we let big oil and dirty industries keep polluting without paying fees and extra taxes for it? I don't think we should.

I always lean to global warming being a conspiracy that big oil and dirty industries want to try and sell you on so that they pay less taxes and can operate as they please. Flip side is clean industries trying to out muscle them and blame everything on them.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes mother earth can look after herself but we as humans can help now that we see the stress the planet is in. Do we have to dump dyes into our rivers and pesticides into our fields and lawns. Look what people put down thir toilets. Our oceans are being polluted with plastics and chemicals from toxic run offs. We need our oceans for survival. These are things that humans can control. And we better start soon.

Ask a Question