Little twigs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello! All flowers on my forsythia have withered, but I saved some twigs with leaves, and put them in tiny vases. I think they make a nice decoration:)

20160411_174100.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is an excellent idea. They do make a nice decoration. One thing I used to do with broken branches and twigs is I would make flowering decorations using them. A little tape, some silk flowers, a basket filled with aquarium rocks and BAM! you got yourself a cheap cool decoration. People have even paid me to do it. I use smaller twigs to make mini "flower trees" and I use branches from trees to make the larger ones. They are easy and fun to make. Working on making the flowers light up without the wires showing now. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds lovely Toradrake!:) I'd love to see your mini flower trees. Maybe you could post a photo of them?:)
Using broken twigs to create home decorations definitely is a lot of fun:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't have any here right now and I am not actively working on any at the moment because I am getting ready to move back to Georgia, but as soon as I make one I will post photos for you to see. They are a great decoration. A friend of my moms was the one who introduced me to the idea and I became hooked.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That looks like a very cute set up @claudine . It looks very clean and simple, yet elegant with the white background. I am a huge fan of decorations that look simple.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I really like the look of this! It's got that simple, minimalistic chic look which I really like!

A great way to use them for a decorative purpose!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for your kind comments:):) I love simple decorations.
Pat - no, I don't think they'll root. To be honest, I don't know how to propagate forsythia.

Reaction score
I think simple is very nice :) I personally love simple decorations over the more elaborated ones, because I am a firm believer that sometimes less is more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, exactly! Simple decorations are more elegant and modern:) I think that little twigs look better in my apartment than big bouquets of random flowers.

Ask a Question