United Kingdom

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The only problem is, it is not organic. Just grow some organic garlic, garlic grows fast, or buy some organic garlic bulbs, and make your own.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I am actually looking for a spray against insects because our dogs are being attacked by ticks. We don't use insecticides when we started having pets in the house. I have been mulling about that garlic spray since I had read it here. If that can drive away the pests in the plants then maybe it can also drive away the pests from our pets. No, I'm not planning to spray it on our pets, just in the vicinity near the doorway.

Reaction score
This is an awesome way to rid of pests. I wouldn't mind the smell of garlic either. Garlic is one of my favorites. I think it would be pretty easy and simple to make your own at home. Even if you went out and bought some garic bulbs, it'd be pretty easy to stick in the juicer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
It's not CERTIFIED organic.
It's not organic because it's animal food supplement.
If you are concerned about linseed oil, an absolutely natural product, on your garden, at a dilution rate of 500:1 with water, then don't use it, but as far as I'm concerned, this is a healthy natural product whose only failure is that it doesn't have the necessary paperwork.

Linseed oil is obtained from flax seeds, and is a perfectly natural product.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never heard of garlic helping to keep control bugs on plants which bugs does the garlic help to control?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
The only thing I've ever heard in relation to garlic and bugs such as fleas is that if you sprinkle garlic powder in a pet's food bowl, their skin will take on the garlic scent. The trouble we have with this is the cats won't drink the water if it smells like garlic. Last year when we had fleas everywhere, I wiped the cats down with apple cider vinegar because fleas aren't suppose to like that scent either. We did a lot of things and eventually won the battle - this year was not nearly as bad as last year and have been able to just comb them constantly to keep the fleas down. Thankfully it's winter now and we don't have to worry about it at all.

Ask a Question