Limequat leaves curling, turning yellow \ brown with grayish spots

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello everyone,

When I planted my limequat tree 1 year ago, it had green and healthy leaves.

Couple of months ago, the leaves started curling, turning yellow and brown with grayish spots, and many of them dropped.

The last picture was taken 1 year ago. The rest were taken today.

Does anybody know what's going on? I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you!

IMG_5130.jpg
IMG_5131.JPG
tempImageGw2eu5.png
tempImageXb7F1B.png
IMG_5128.jpg
IMG_5130.jpg
IMG_5129.jpg
IMG_2240.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

When I planted my limequat tree 1 year ago, it had green and healthy leaves.

Couple of months ago, the leaves started curling, turning yellow and brown with grayish spots, and many of them dropped.

The last picture was taken 1 year ago. The rest were taken today.

Does anybody know what's going on? I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you!

View attachment 77149View attachment 77143View attachment 77144View attachment 77147View attachment 77148View attachment 77149View attachment 77150View attachment 77151
It appears to me that you have two things going on. The most important being is that the tree is suffering from a mineral deficiency and secondly improper watering. I think that the tree was too wet for too long and caused the leaf tips and leaf margins to brown. Plus, on another picture it shows what appears to be evidence of slight edema, also cause by improper watering.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, it needs fertilizer. Preferably one with Iron, Zinc and Manganese. Outdoor plants in pots need more fertilizer than the same one in the ground because the extra watering needed in containers washes nutrients out. It also looks like it had aphids or thrips at one time. That's what's wrong with the leaf in picture 7.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thank you so much for your input guys. I'll be doing less watering and more fertilizing. I hope I'll update you soon with good news!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your input guys. I'll be doing less watering and more fertilizing. I hope I'll update you soon with good news!
Your bush looks pretty good as far a NPK is concerned, it is minerals that are lacking and if your fertilizer doesn't have ample amounts it isn't going to do you much good. If you can get it use something like Chelated Iron which has everything in it

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thank you Chuck for your helpful advice. I really think you're right. I added Chelated Iron to my shopping cart :)

I also stumbled across this:

1616276549509.png

My tree may suffer from Boron Toxicity. I'll try to improve drainage.

Last edited:

Ask a Question