Lilium

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
IMG_8674.JPG
IMG_8675.JPG
I purchased four bags of these yesterday, they were on sale and I was checking out. I didn't have time to even look inside the bag until I got home.
Are these savable?
The area I want to plant them in is not yet ready, what's my best bet? Pots for now or finding an area in another garden and transplanting them later?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Pot them up with good compost as soon as possible. I used to worry seeing stems sticking out of plants. But I bought an amaryllis with a stem sticking out and it turned out to be much better than the one with no stem sticking out. That's my observation only. I am no expert. It's a sign that the plants want to grow and are growing. They reduced them so that YOU can give them a home asap. Far better than buying sales items with shrivel bulbs.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, no. You could easily peel off some scales, mix them with moist vermiculite or even compost and sealed the whole thing up with a bag after blowing some air into it. Put the whole thing in a warm dark place, and you will have bulblets in no time.

Have a look and have fun.

As long as you leave some in the main bulbs, scaling the bulb will not affect the growth of the plant at all.

Ask a Question