Lilium Hybrid 'Stargazer Oriental Lily'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
2013-07-28 Lilium Hybrid 'Stargazer Oriental Lily' (close-up).jpg

Lilium Hybrid 'Stargazer Oriental Lily' (close-up above and full-plant collection view below) (from my garden, Aug. 28, 2016). The Stargazer Oriental Lily is bright raspberry-red with crisp, white margins, dark spots and a narrow, yellow-edged, green starburst center and fragrant growing on 4-foot tall stalks. I had first planted the Stargazer in 2008 as a plant and it bloomed for 6 years. I then relocated it when I expanded my garden but it did not survive. I planted 5 more bulbs in 2013 but they did not bloom. On 6/15/16 (2 and a half months ago), I planted 15 more Stargazer bulbs. On 8/19/16 (10 days ago), I spent 6 hours removing weeds from my garden filling up four 45-gallon trash bags. With the tall weeds gone, I uncovered 14 stalks of Stargazer Oriental Lily plants each full of unopened buds which I had planted as bulbs 2 months ago and then lost track of them due to the weeds. I had wondered what happened to them. Ten days later, the buds started blooming!

2015-09-04 Lilium Hybrid 'Stargazer Oriental Lily' (full-plant collection view).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10-B
Country
United States
Those are absolutely lovely! I'm glad they decided to come up and surprise you! I didn't know that they could last that long. Can you post some more pics of the flowers, please? I'd like to see some of the lighter ones, like the ones in the upper left.

Ask a Question