Light distance

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello all!

Sorry if it's the wrong area but this seems to be the most logical to post my question.

I want to know if a light source, like a compact fluorescent bulb loses lux or intensity as you go more and more away from the source (direct under the bulb), and if so, how can I measure it without a light meter (luximeter) if I can, because it's too expensive for me to buy it right now. A formula would be great if, again, it exists, like for example 1m away from a 40w fluorescent bulb you lose 10% light/intensity/lux, etc or something like that.

I searched this everywhere and couldn't find it, mainly because I don't know how to phrase it to Google or whatever and I'm not a master at light and bulbs and whatnot xD.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Okay. We know that the speed of light would not change. We know that a single light bulb cannot light an entire large room, so it would be a logical hypothesis to say that they would loose intensity as it is moved from the object. I suppose you would google something like "manual way to calculate the intensity of a light bulb light." You would probably need to know wattage and distance in the very least. I hope this points you in the right direction.

Ask a Question