Life's rich bounty

Reaction score
ok, so i exaggerated a little

exteriors001-4_zpsca8ab2ad.jpg

over the last 2-3 seasons i've been picking up semi-dwarf fruit trees. since i've had them some have tried to produce a little, but i guess they're still too small to really handle the fruit they try to produce. like one of the pear trees that nearly got pulled over from only about 4 pears growing on it. i had to pull them off before they got ripe (i left one, but some kid or animal took it before i got a chance to) but i guess because cherries are pretty small, one of my cherry tress has been able produce a few ripe ones. not much, but it's my first output (plus a couple i've eaten already) so i'm still happy about it.

i just don't know how i'm going to finish eating them all though...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha! :D Some is better than none, as they say. How do they taste?

Reaction score
pretty tart, but going by the feel of them when chewing i'm sure they're as ripe as they're going to be. don't have any real experience with ones i've grown myself though. maybe they would have gotten sweeter left on the tree?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have a cherry tree in my garden and the fruits that it produce are never sweet, no matter how ripe they are. But it's still so much fun to grow them and to harvest them.
You cherries look really cute. They make me hungry:D

Reaction score
Well at least you got a few perfect, unblemished cherries. They look pretty good. Even if they're not sweet right off the tree, you can always use them in recipes when your tree grows and becomes more productive.

Reaction score
My parents did have two cherry trees. The fruits from one was always sour, while they other was comparatively sweet. However, the fruits are juicy and abound in vitamin c.
Those fruits you have look picture perfect and juicy.. I would be proud of them if they were from my tree. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Those cherries do look wonderful ! I have two flowering cherries that were on sale last fall at Lowes, and this year, they are really leafing out, and even had a few pretty blossoms on them this spring.
I ordered some of the bush cherries, and have them stuck out in the garden area for now. I am going to let them grow there for the season, and then move them out into the yard late this fall when they are going dormant. They are supposed to get about 5 feet tall, so they will be kind of a hedge as well as for fruit.

Reaction score
I would love to grow a cherry tree! As much money as I spend on a bag at the store, I could buy 1 maybe 2 trees and get 10x the fruit. I guess I'll keep dreaming until one day I own my property and can plant anything I want! It shall not be very much longer, I hope.

Reaction score
Those cherries look great! I would love to have a cherry tree in our yard. I have often thought about a cherry bush but I am not so sure that they would taste the same as regular cherries. Is your cherry tree sweet or tart?

Once while in upstate NY we visited a cherry farm and picked so many cherries. It was rather amazing for me.

Reaction score
tart as far as I know. the ones I picked were, and from what others have said I guess that's what to expect.

last year I replaced one of the other trees that died with the same type (Montmorency), since it seemed to grow them right off the bat. I may get a whole handful this year.

Ask a Question