Lentil shoots?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the stems and leaves of lentils are edible? I'm not sure if they'll make it to pod harvest... I'm thinking to just eat the shoots. I already cut a small batch off because they're overcrowded in the trough anyway.
20200825_162453.jpg

I can't find an answer on google, they're part of the pea family, but they're part of the night share family?? I'm confused.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the stems and leaves of lentils are edible? I'm not sure if they'll make it to pod harvest... I'm thinking to just eat the shoots. I already cut a small batch off because they're overcrowded in the trough anyway. View attachment 70543

I can't find an answer on google, they're part of the pea family, but they're part of the night share family?? I'm confused.
I would love to know if you find out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I did eat quite a bit of it, but then read that it's not great to eat actually. So, not dead, but it's not really food lol I had first found out about growing microgreens and just went crazy assuming anything can grow from food like beans, seeds etc must be edible in it's foliage form, but that's not true it seems! The beans might be edible but the greens not necessarily. Like potatoes I guess!

Ask a Question