Lemon Tree Disease

Reaction score
Country
United States
My lemon tree was doing well for years. Last year the leaves started to curl and yellow. Got a last harvest, and this spring gone really down hill. Can anyone tell me what is going on and can it be saved?
20200601_193304.jpg
20200601_193335.jpg
20200601_193418.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My lemon tree was doing well for years. Last year the leaves started to curl and yellow. Got a last harvest, and this spring gone really down hill. Can anyone tell me what is going on and can it be saved?View attachment 66106View attachment 66107View attachment 66108
Have you fertilized lately and if so with what? This looks, from the last picture , to be a severe potassium deficiency but this shouldn't affect the tree in this fashion unless it has been deficient for a long time. I see a few green places on the tree but have you scraped the bark off of any of the other limbs to see if it is still alive in that area. It looks to be just about totally dead but if the leafless limbs show any greenish color it is still alive. If it is alive get the Ph of the soil under the tree. A soil test would be most helpful also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks. I thought about that and fertilized last summer and maybe fall with a citrus fertilize. Nothing changed to affect the ph. I will cut back to some green. I think there is still some live branches below the dead.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks. I thought about that and fertilized last summer and maybe fall with a citrus fertilize. Nothing changed to affect the ph. I will cut back to some green. I think there is still some live branches below the dead.
how old is this tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
We bought the house in 2016 and it was there. Mature and full grown. Surrounded by bushes. So I don't really know. I will ask a neighbor and see if they know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We bought the house in 2016 and it was there. Mature and full grown. Surrounded by bushes. So I don't really know. I will ask a neighbor and see if they know.
It may just be getting close to the end of its life. A well kept and maintained lemon tree usually lives around 30 years but if not treated correctly it lifespan is greatly shortened.

Ask a Question