Lemon tree, again...

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Hi!

So I posted little while ago about same lemon tree because something was eating it, and well I did get rid of little bugs eating it, I think, but now almost all of the leaves have fallen down, few that have stayed up are withering and are very fragile and whenever new sap comes out somewhere it soon turns dark green and falls down, also same thing happening to top of branches.
One thing that I think might be causing it is the crazy amount of little flies that live in the soil, also there was this dark amber colored ball with slightly slimy liquid in it.

I can't post pictures, because well phone I got right now doesn't picture.
Hopefully you can help this shit gardener. :)

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
sap sounds like borers but without pictures it would just be guessing.
Looking at google pictures of borers it doesn't seem like mine are those, they are very small all black with antlers and keep drowning in my tea.
As for amber thing I couldn't find any pictures that look quite like that, but it had hard shell and inside was liquid similar to stuff that comes out of pimples.
And I will be able to take pictures tomorrow or day after tomorrow, so hopefully that is soon enough.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
what you are describing are fruit flies. Annoying but harmless. Borers drill small holes into the trunk and then the sap comes out. The hard shell thing is more than likely an insect egg.

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
what you are describing are fruit flies. Annoying but harmless. Borers drill small holes into the trunk and then the sap comes out. The hard shell thing is more than likely an insect egg.
There was a little sap coming out in summer, while tree still had more then 7 leaves, but right now I looked all over it and couldn't find anything, besides something that could be scaring on bottoms of off branches, but I think that it's just tree going from green plant to tree (don't know how you call that), just with more of a pointy pattern.

Ask a Question