Lemon plant not doing well

Reaction score
Country
United States
16204942793744035816238570041302.jpg
hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I am hoping you can help me. I accidentally overwatered my lemon plant and it wasn't doing so great. I stopped watering it for a while but the soil wouldn't dry so I read that I need to replace the soil to avoid a fungal disease of the roots. I changed the soil about a week ago but I'm worried about my plant. The leaves still aren't really improving, there are some yellow/white spots and some of the leaves are lighter green instead of dark green. I'm not sure if I need to do anything or just let it be. I put it in the shade and watered it only slightly when I replanted it to help the soil sit. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That stuff is no good at all. You need to make sure your compost/soil is ericaceous first - for acid loving plants. Put it back in it`s pot - not a bigger one, and preferably the pot is best if it`s the old fashioned clay type.
Your lemon needs open free draining compost to allow the roots to breathe. I suggest mixing in some orchid compost , which is composted bark with perlite. When it`s in the right stuff, water it from the bottom. Put some warm water in a bowl and stand your pot in it for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the water to be taken up where it is needed. Don`t get the stem wet above the compost level. With this method you need to water thoroughly to start with, and then keep the plant light and warm and don`t water again until it`s very dry. Feed with liquid seaweed, and follow the instructions to the letter. Over feeding never helps. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Ask a Question