Leggy Begonias

DMP

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought some yellow cascading begonias and started them in my kitchen where the sliding glass door faces south. They were started about three weeks ago and have grown to about 5-6 inches tall. They are about ready to cascade over the sides of the pots they are in.

The problem is they don't look healthy to me. I have been very careful not to overwater them so they don't rot. They have received plenty of light(but not direct sunlight) and warmth. I turn them regularly. But, they are tall, and not as green as those you see comercially. Actually, they're kind of pasty looking. I have not fed them yet. Is there anything that came be done to revitalize them?
I'm in zone 5A, so they won't go outside on the shady porch until the end of May.

DMP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the helpful article.
In spite of the fact that they face a sunny window, it must be that the light is not sufficient. I guess I'll have to give them a haircut.:)

Should I give them any kind of plant food? I didn't see that the article addresses that issue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh yes. But because it is contained, a little evidently goes a long way. You may want to use a water soluble format, and many of those will say use a tablespoon per gallon, but instruction is no doubt on the package.

Ask a Question