Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
0611171746.jpg
0611171747.jpg
0611171745a.jpg
0611171745.jpg
First picture is an Apple tree, these little black things and white things have been there for a while now. They are in a couple of different trees all fruit types. The second picture is not very good, these bugs have been in this peach tree in and off for at least 2 months. They are usually two of them in top of each other, there black with a kinda rainbow color in there back. third picture is I think another pear tree, a lot of the leaves look like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 22130 View attachment 22131 View attachment 22132 View attachment 22133First picture is an Apple tree, these little black things and white things have been there for a while now. They are in a couple of different trees all fruit types. The second picture is not very good, these bugs have been in this peach tree in and off for at least 2 months. They are usually two of them in top of each other, there black with a kinda rainbow color in there back. third picture is I think another pear tree, a lot of the leaves look like that.
Looks like some type of scale insect. Spray with Neem oil every 5-7 days for 3 weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
About the bugs, stink bugs are known to attack various fruit trees. The bugs pictured here remind me of a larval form of stink bug. The photo below was identified to me as a larval form of stink bug...of course there will be variations. Also, it looks like they are reproducing which larva would not do. If you can capture them in a jar and get a better photo, you might be able to get an ID.
IMG_2358.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
You might want to add a teaspoon of dish soap with the neem oil. It helps mix it in the water, and it can kill some of the bugs on contact.

Ask a Question