Leaf Spot Disease?

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Hello everybody,

I am growing couple of Red oak seedlings and had some problems with nutrients which I'm in a process of sorting out. But today I noticed something else. On one of the plants there is small brownish spots all over the leaves. I'm attaching one leaf which is affected the most. It seams from reading on the net that this is leaf spot disease caused by fungi or bacteria. First question is if this is actually this disease? Secondly, if yes what actions should I take. From reading it seems that it is uncureable only treatable. Did I understand correctly? If so should I just throw out this plant altogether as I have a few extra? How is this transferable? Should I through out the medium as well?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Problem leaf.jpg
    Problem leaf.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello everybody,

I am growing couple of Red oak seedlings and had some problems with nutrients which I'm in a process of sorting out. But today I noticed something else. On one of the plants there is small brownish spots all over the leaves. I'm attaching one leaf which is affected the most. It seams from reading on the net that this is leaf spot disease caused by fungi or bacteria. First question is if this is actually this disease? Secondly, if yes what actions should I take. From reading it seems that it is uncureable only treatable. Did I understand correctly? If so should I just throw out this plant altogether as I have a few extra? How is this transferable? Should I through out the medium as well?
Thanks in advance.
That doesn't look like leaf spot, it looks more like oak rust. It also appears that you are watering your tree to much. Red oaks don't like a lot of water.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
That might be a case as I always have a problems loving my plants too much! Is this a pathogen or is it just a plant reaction to too much water?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That might be a case as I always have a problems loving my plants too much! Is this a pathogen or is it just a plant reaction to too much water?
It may be a pathogen but I don't think it is serious. You might spray with hydrogen peroxide or baking soda to be on the safe side. Just don't water so much

Ask a Question