Layout help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm a stay at home mom of four and just beginning my research for my first garden in Dayton, OH. I think I've done a decent amount of research on placement of my garden and vegetable varieties but I need help with my layout. I'm leaning towards two 4X8 raised beds. Would you mind giving me some advice once you see my proposed layout? I'm open to adding another bed, changing the dimensions, taking away some things or moving vegetables to a different area. Oh and if it matters, I'm getting all starter plants except for the carrots and beans which will be seeds. The varieties are : Bush Big Boy hybrid, Super sweet 100, Scarlet nantes carrots, Kentucky wonder beans, seascape strawberries, sweet california wonder pepper, hot big guy hybrid jalapeno if that helps with any info. Thanks so much, sorry for the cell phone pic.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Are you planting you carrots and beans in cartoons to put out later or are you using small plastic pots that you need to remove them from? What is you plan with your strawberries? Are you having plant-film on the soil or something else?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The strawberries could be planted in containers or on a trellis so that the grow up instead of out on the ground. If you can start your carrots and beans in degradeable pots it is better for your root system, you can just put the whole thing in the ground.

Ask a Question