Lawn Mower Falling off Side of Lawn, Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a young D.T student who has an interest in Gardening. I have found a problem that i have had to face whilst mowing the lawns at a local garden, that I volunteer for. The problem is that the mower, which is a heavy Honder, often falls into the ditches that are along the sides of the lawns. I would appreciate some help as it is supposed to be a recreation of a 17th century garden and thus the large gashes in the earth caused by the mower is a huge problem. I would like to know if this is a problem for anyone else. or if this is very specific. Also any other input or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_151256.jpg
    IMG_20190707_151256.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 214
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome.

It's all about control.

If you're mowing stripes, it can be a big problem controlling a heavy mower if you're trying to mow the last foot before the edge lengthways. Try mowing that bit sideways or at a 45 degree angle, lifting the blades of the mower up by pushing down on the handle as it reaches the edge. You can then go back and mow that bit lengthways, to get your stripe, but keep the mower four or five inches away from the edge.

Ask a Question