Lavender/salvia fungus.. or? Help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are my babies. They were planted last year & came back full of life this year, all right next to each other. About three weeks ago, I noticed the flowers were starting to droop on the lavender and the vibrant little purple flowers on the salvia bulbs (if thats what theyre called) were falling off!! I watered them more, watered them less, drilled more drainage holes on the bottom - nothing. And now they are full blown wilted and all flowers/buds have dried up and turned brown. And plus, on all three salvia plant leaves, there are these little white spots!

Are they savable?! And what could this be?? Please help! Their lives depends on it! ;-)

DSC01399.JPG
DSC01401.JPG
DSC01400.JPG

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
what are you feeding them with?

both plants need good drainage and prefer a less watering... potted lavender does not respond well to rich heavy soils.... it needs sand in the bottom of the pot, especially if you're watering often. ...if you're having a lot of high heat, the lavender blooms will droop and then perk up when it cools down again

The salvia looks under nourished both need good drainage and food.... have you checked to see their roots? Are they pot bound?

Reaction score
Country
United States
The primary damage shown is leaf damage from Leafhoppers (Cicadellidae) on the Salvia x sylvestris. There is even a leafhopper shown near the center right of the second photo. There is no evidence of a fungal ailment shown in the photos.

Cut off the withered Lavender (Lavandula) inflorescences. The fact that they have passed their prime does not indicate disease, only age.

I second what the previous poster has said, about both plants needing full sun, good drainage, and a light hand with irrigation.

Ask a Question