Lavender oil.

Reaction score
A friend of mine said that Lavender oil is REALLY good. Since I'm growing Lavender, I was wondering how can you consentrate the oil from your plants?

Reaction score
I've read that you pick some, put it in a baggie and smash it a bit. Then you take it out and steep it in a large glass jar with some oil (like olive oil). Then let it sit for a couple of days, covered. Then strain it and you have lavender oil! Let me know how it works!

Reaction score
One way is to infuse olive oil with lavender! You basically just pour some olive oil in a jar that can be sealed, sprinkle in a bunch of the lavender and mix it up a bit, seal it tightly, then leave it for 2-3 days in a warm, sunny place. When ready, strain it through muslin or cheesecloth. If you want to make it stronger, just repeat the steps: Put the oil back in the jar, add more lavender, let it sit, strain it again. You can also mix in some lemon (smells so wonderful!), witch hazel (for applying topically), orange, etc. You should store it in a dark brown bottle in a cool and dry dark cabinet.
You can put it in your bath, use it as a skin moisturizer and topical sleep aid, dry hair treatment, etc.... it's seriously fantastic!!

To extract the pure oil is much harder and requires a lot more lavender, so I usually just buy the pure stuff from my nearby organic shop and make the infused olive oil myself!

Ask a Question