Lavender disaster!

CRS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I am trying to grow lavender for my wedding that is 3 years away but I am running into problems and am not sure why. I am trying to grow Goodwin Creek French Lavender and another species that i don't know the specific name to. I am located in Central Texas where the weather is decent.

Long story short it appears that my lavender is burning up. I ensure that it gets the appropriate amount of water and have even been putting some miracle grow on it. The french lavender seems to be flourishing it's just the other species that I don't understand why it's doing what it's doing....help me please!!

Attachments

• 0527171157.jpg
    0527171157.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 0527171209.jpg
    0527171209.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 255

CRS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lavender does better when neglected.

"The right amount of water and miracle grow" is where you are going wrong.

How much are you actually watering?
I was watering every 3-4 days as some days were hotter and dryer. As for the miracle grow i did it maybe once or twice a week-not always every week though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I agree with plantdoctor, they do not like nor need tending to.. no miracle - no fertilizer either.

Ask a Question