Laurel feed

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a row of cherry laurel bushes down one side of our garden, probably about 8ft tall and hides the fence behind them. The problem is that we've got a big Yew tree and conifer either side of one particular part of the hedge, so one of the laurel bushes is yellowing and looking quite droopy (this particular one was only planted last year).

I'm making a conscious effort to water this particular laurel bush every other day so that it has a fighting chance of establishing itself. I've been feeding it a bit of Vitax Q4, but I'd be interested to know if there's anything more suited to laurel (perhaps just bonemeal?). Any advice would be great :).

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about feed for Shrubs Ian, but are you keeping the conifer leafmold away from the roots of the Laurels, as they contain growth inhibitors that wont help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a very good point Zigs - there are some branches of the conifer slightly overlapping the laurel, so no doubt I'll have conifer needles dropping there... I'll fix that tomorrow as that can't be helping things.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think its only when the needles are fresh, but it wouldn't hurt:)

Ask a Question