Late July to Early August Garden harvests (melons, gourds, corn)

Reaction score
This week we harvested many cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, and some squash, zucchini, gourds, and cantaloupe.

July 21st garden harvest

July 24th garden harvest

July 25th garden harvest

Non-GMO corn (Trucker's favorite & Bantham)

July 31st cantaloupe & cucumber harvest

cantaloupe garden harvest

cantaloupe garden harvest...very sweet

Original post @ Late July to Early August Garden harvests (melons, gourds, corn)

-Cassie K

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, those cantaloupe look delicious! You've made my mouth water :D

In the third photo, what are those black/dark green vegetables? Some kind of squash?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Well done! I have yet to harvest a thing other than a few little cherry tomatoes. I've been too busy to properly tend my edibles for weeks now and the July weather has been killing them off one by one. I can't wait for the fall weather to arrive!

Reaction score
Amazing harvest :O You are truly a gardening inspiration. I just wish I could have the chance to work with a lot space and give edibles a try, I'm sure it would make me feel so much better about myself. I admire those who seem to be able to grow all those things :) It's awesome you grow your own organic harvest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The cantaloup loos so good and those corns too! What a fantastic picking! Fresh fruits and veggies from the garden are best.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm speechless with that harvest. Great photos you have posted, @Cassie K. Do you know how I feel? I wish you were my neighbor, hahahaaa. And you know why? I so love corn on the cob and I know that the best and sweetest corn are the newly harvested. And aside from the harvest, I would love to see your garden so please post some photos. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Oh man, fresh corn on the cob it amazing. The grocery store corn on the cob doesn't even compare to fresh, so I'm with you @Corzhens ;)

What we usually buy from the grocery are bland corn, not sweet anymore. There was this farm where we can buy freshly harvested corn but it's quite distant, about 30 kilometers drive. There's also a Sunday market where there is fresh corn, quite expensive but guaranteed fresh and very sweet. Our favorite is the white corn because the texture is softer than the yellow.

Reaction score
Amazing harvest :O You are truly a gardening inspiration. I just wish I could have the chance to work with a lot space and give edibles a try, I'm sure it would make me feel so much better about myself. I admire those who seem to be able to grow all those things :) It's awesome you grow your own organic harvest.
My suggestion is to grow fruit trees because the only time expense is planting the tree, then watering and watching it grow throughout the years.

Reaction score
I'm speechless with that harvest. Great photos you have posted, @Cassie K. Do you know how I feel? I wish you were my neighbor, hahahaaa. And you know why? I so love corn on the cob and I know that the best and sweetest corn are the newly harvested. And aside from the harvest, I would love to see your garden so please post some photos. Thanks a lot.
Yeah I do have videos of the different gardens I grow. Actually you can look back on my old posts here and search for those titled "garden tour video" or you can simply go to my youtube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/sillybunnns/

Thank you so much for taking an interest.

Reaction score
I also wish you were my neighbor because I would love to have neighbors that were excited about growing food :)

Reaction score
Well done! I have yet to harvest a thing other than a few little cherry tomatoes. I've been too busy to properly tend my edibles for weeks now and the July weather has been killing them off one by one. I can't wait for the fall weather to arrive!
Yeah, it has been a wet year so the tomatoes didn't do as well. But in my recent post "growing greens & root crops in August" lists on the greens and root crops I'm growing for the Fall and winter.

Ask a Question