Large woody shrub with blue flowers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large woody shrub in my garden which has grown to dominate my beds - it’s now at least six feet tall. It’s evergreen with small dark green leaves and seems to be blossoming now into small violet/blue flowers in clusters. I’m desperate to prune it back / somehow get it under control - can you tell me what it is?! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 104
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Prune it right after it blooms, cutting to a side branch or bud facing the direction you want it to grow. Cut off as little as possible. It has plenty of room to grow along and above the fence so maybe only prune the parts growing out into the lawn. If there is some growing over into the neighbors yard trim that off too, to be a good neighbor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another thought .... if you don`t like it that much, but don`t want to dig it out, you could use it too as a climbing frame for some Clematis or other climber to give some flowers for a bit more of the year.

Ask a Question