Landscaping

Reaction score
Flowers always make a home seem more welcoming. Adorn your entrance with assorted annuals and perrenials to keep color year long. Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile, and 'Gertrude Jekyl' roses are great additions.
If you have a small space beetween your house and the street, try putting a low fence in front. It gives the illusion that your house is farther from the street than it really is, and it also makes for a great space for planting flowers and vines.

www.pksimpson.com.au

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love to see small white picket fences in front of houses, even if they do nothing but add a decorative touch. There is something that is so warm about a fenced in front yard. I especially like the ones that have Ivy vines intertwined.

Reaction score
I love white picket fences, but they are not for every house, I mean, it depends on the neighborhood, but if we were to live in a neighborhood where private property is respected then I'd love to try something like this:

flowerbike2.jpg

nw-garden-show-2010-flower-bike.jpg

stock-photo-unique-bicycle-planter-with-flowers-1494926.jpg

Reaction score
That's a neat use of the bikes. I like it when different objects are re purposed as plant holders. I have re purposed items into plant holders but in a more 'typical' way: metal watering can containing flowers, old tires with plants coming through the center, and indoor trash cans used as plant holders.

Reaction score
Flowers always make a home seem more welcoming. Adorn your entrance with assorted annuals and perrenials to keep color year long. Petunia, Snapdragon, Lily-of-the-Nile, and 'Gertrude Jekyl' roses are great additions.
If you have a small space beetween your house and the street, try putting a low fence in front. It gives the illusion that your house is farther from the street than it really is, and it also makes for a great space for planting flowers and vines.

www.pksimpson.com.au
The front landscaping is the prettiest part of our front yard. :) It has a beautiful shape to it and is filled with flowers, shrubs and beautiful plants. We have a garden flag and some stepping stones as well. It's simple but clean and pretty. We get compliments all the time on our front lawn. Makes me proud. :) It's the first thing people see when you walk by and it want it to be meaningful. :)

Proud!!
Danyel :)

Ask a Question