Kudzu bug

Reaction score
(Megacopta cribraria) or Brown Ladybug, have invaded my trees and wisteria. I normally don't use insecticides but the kudzu bugs were so thick on the wisteria it looked like clusters of grapes. The first kudzu bug was found in Georgia in 2009 and their population is explosive. While kudzu is an annoying plant I would not want to see them completely gone. The other problem is the kudzu bug eats certain crops, like soy beans and peanuts. They are spreading quickly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
wow never knew there was a bug like that .Amazing over the last few years how invasive some bugs can be .What has happened japenese beetle ,stink bug and now kudzu bug and what is next .I know because of the mild winter they are warning us here about termites and wood eating bugs are going to be bad .I treated everything here with spray and also put in those termite spikes .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The Japanese beetle has been like that here. Back in college, our dorm had to be fumigated because for some reason they swarmed our dorms. It was an older building without A/C, so our windows were open and they got inside our dorm rooms and they completely covered the walls outside. When you went out for class, they swarmed you. That's how I first learned that they bite when few of my dorm mates got nasty little bites from them. I haven't seen anything else like it, except every couple of years when the locusts swarm the metroparks. I haven't seem so many of those little beetles in one place before in my life and I never want to again.

Ask a Question