Know what ya get to do when.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So, how often did you water them?
Instead of watering them, individually, I put, what appears to be, TOO much water in the tray they were placed in to soak up thought the bottoms, AGAIN. Never have been real keen on getting the moisture right doing it that way and.....apparently, too hard headed to learn from it......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Instead of watering them, individually, I put, what appears to be, TOO much water in the tray they were placed in to soak up thought the bottoms, AGAIN. Never have been real keen on getting the moisture right doing it that way and.....apparently, too hard headed to learn from it......
That is exactly the way you are supposed to water them. Just let them dry out before watering again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is exactly the way you are supposed to water them. Just let them dry out before watering again.
I thought so, but I, evidently, wind up putting too much water in the tray........supply and demand is askew. Less IS more, sometimes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I thought so, but I, evidently, wind up putting too much water in the tray........supply and demand is askew. Less IS more, sometimes.
You cannot give a plant too much water at one time but you will kill a plant by keeping it too wet. I fill the tray completely up and when the water stands on the surface of the seedlings soil I pour out all of the water in the tray and let the plants drain. It never fails.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You cannot give a plant too much water at one time but you will kill a plant by keeping it too wet. I fill the tray completely up and when the water stands on the surface of the seedlings soil I pour out all of the water in the tray and let the plants drain. It never fails.
Yes, sir.....That's where procrastination has costs me........I see
that it needs to be done, but "later" I tell myself.....and "later" gets side tracked, with no one to blame but myself.......hense, the dreaded "do over"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, sir.....That's where procrastination has costs me........I see
that it needs to be done, but "later" I tell myself.....and "later" gets side tracked, with no one to blame but myself.......hense, the dreaded "do over"
You must be a world class procrastinator. I have accidentally left tomato and pepper seedlings in 2 or 3 inches of standing water for 3 or 4 days. They looked like cooked spinach but once they dried out you would never have guessed that they had all but drowned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You must be a world class procrastinator. I have accidentally left tomato and pepper seedlings in 2 or 3 inches of standing water for 3 or 4 days. They looked like cooked spinach but once they dried out you would never have guessed that they had all but drowned.
Wellll......That's encouraging. I'm pretty sure, NOW, that's what I should have done instead of the "do over" thang. Just wasn't sure they would "pull out".....and didn't want to wind up starting over LATER. I HAD put them on the heat mats to help dry them out and POSSIBLY pull them through but was afraid THAT would be waste of time.....reckon, now, I should have kept hold of that thought........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wellll......That's encouraging. I'm pretty sure, NOW, that's what I should have done instead of the "do over" thang. Just wasn't sure they would "pull out".....and didn't want to wind up starting over LATER. I HAD put them on the heat mats to help dry them out and POSSIBLY pull them through but was afraid THAT would be waste of time.....reckon, now, I should have kept hold of that thought........
That all depends on the size of the seedlings as in regards to the heat mat. If they have at least one set of true leaves just let them drain naturally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbissoon29

Latest Threads