Killing Weeds Around Shrubs

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you use any herbicide around your wanted plants there is a danger you will also kill or severely damage the plants. I find hand weeding works best, and it`s better for wildlife too :)
Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
I was not aware Fertilome made a weed killer, but in areas that may be sensitive i use Glyphosate mixed according to directions and wick selected plants with a damp sponge. Also 1 drop on 1 leaf of each petiole will kill small un-wanted trees that like to return unless they have been pulled. A 2.5 gallon jug of concentrate for $54 bucks last about 20 years unless i'm spraying a large area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Pull the weeds with hands.

You have to be very careful with weed killers around shrubs or any plants you want. The wind may blow some of it on your wanted plant or it can just get on it. I am battling with bind weed right now, and have not planted much anything in an area where the bind weed is excessive. This weed I would for sure encourage a weed killer, other weeds, just pull them out from the roots.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gallery is a pre-emergent weed control so it won't affect your shrubs, but it won't kill existing weeds either. It works by preventing weed seeds from germinating.

Ask a Question