Keeping cats out of the garden

Reaction score
I've always plant a nice vegetable garden, however, this year we seem to have a plethora of stray cats in the neighborhood. The dairies down the road closed and all of their farm cats were just set free. I've noticed my front door is getting sprayed and there are little cat "presents" in my landscaping. I want to get my veggies planted, but how in the world do I keep the cats from using my garden as a litterbox? The thought of growing vegetables with the potential for cats to spray them or use the soil as a cat box is making me gag! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Already a thread running about cats Here :)

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually found it after I posted, but could not for the life of me figure out how to delete my post (this was pre-coffee). The thread had some great tips. I'm going to try layering citrus peel around the garden area and see if that would help.

Ask a Question