kangaroo apple (solanum laciniatum) bacteria diagnosis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hello, this is a hail mary but i'm doing a research assignment on plant pathogens, and am struggling to figure out which bacteria is affecting this kangaroo apple plant if anyone has any knowledge on the subject.
ive so far determined that it is in fact xanthomonas though the specfic kind eludes me. if anyone knows which specific xanthomonas it may be, i would love your input.
thanks!
images for reference:
upload_2018-5-18_13-41-16.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Kangaroo Apple (Solanum laciniatum, formerly S. aviculare var. laciniatum) in the Nightshade Family (Solanaceae), native to Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand, and Chatham Islands. Kangaroo Apple is an occasional garden ornamental and ruderal weed both within and outside its native range. This plant contains the alkaloid solasodine which is used as a precursor compound in the manufacture of synthetic steroids. It has been grown as a crop to a limited extent for this purpose.

it would be interesting to hear more about this avenue of research.
What method was used to determine this was Xanthomonas and exclude other from consideration?

Ask a Question