Just joined up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I’ve been looking for a Gardening forum and this one looks just great, I have some questions in mind and look forward to meeting you guys .. regards Micky

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever you want to know, just fire your questions.. We love to chat and share our experiences..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)Welcome to the forums @Micky Beautiful Red Admiral (Vanessa atalanta) butterfly in your profile photo. We have these over here as well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome! This a very friendly, international forum of good gardeners. You'll fit right in, so ask any questions, post photos of your gardens and plants, and offer suggestions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome! This a very friendly, international forum of good gardeners. You'll fit right in, so ask any questions, post photos of your gardens and plants, and offer suggestions.
Thank you very much , look forward to exchanging Gardening tips etc ..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A very warm welcome from me too Micky.

I'm still pretty new here but what a great bunch of members willing to help novice gardeners like me. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
bi-plane_e0.gif

Nice to have you with us, @Micky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A very warm welcome from me too Micky.

I'm still pretty new here but what a great bunch of members willing to help novice gardeners like me. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.
Thanks Colin , Weather is pretty miserable today , but not raining ☔️ what’s it like up North

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You're most welcome Micky.

Good question about the weather; I've stated before I have a constant companion in Blackie my big black cloud always kindly keeping the dust down; amazingly Blackie must have gone on holiday with Hail and Gale for the last two days; I was getting extremely worried about a water shortage after two days without rain but fortunately Blackie returned during last night; as I looked out of the kitchen window first thing this morning everything was soaking wet so all is back to normal; it's the usual black hole as I type but the sun is daring to push through and its not raining.

I've been so fed up of traipsing about in the wet garden in my safety shoes I've now cut my Wellingtons down to boot height and am now wearing these; I've owned the wellies for many years but never liked them because they rubbed my skinny legs sore; wearing my safety shoes I used to leave a trail of mud across the patio; now I visit the hut in safety shoes but then change to the wellies so Blackie can carry on soaking me but no more mud trails to our rear door; cracked it at last. By the way Micky; I tend to ramble on but the members on here are a forgiving bunch. (y)

WOW; the sun has just burst through I'd better get my welding helmet out?

Kind regards, Colin.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You're most welcome Micky.

Good question about the weather; I've stated before I have a constant companion in Blackie my big black cloud always kindly keeping the dust down; amazingly Blackie must have gone on holiday with Hail and Gale for the last two days; I was getting extremely worried about a water shortage after two days without rain but fortunately Blackie returned during last night; as I looked out of the kitchen window first thing this morning everything was soaking wet so all is back to normal; it's the usual black hole as I type but the sun is daring to push through and its not raining.

I've been so fed up of traipsing about in the wet garden in my safety shoes I've now cut my Wellingtons down to boot height and am now wearing these; I've owned the wellies for many years but never liked them because they rubbed my skinny legs sore; wearing my safety shoes I used to leave a trail of mud across the patio; now I visit the hut in safety shoes but then change to the wellies so Blackie can carry on soaking me but no more mud trails to our rear door; cracked it at last. By the way Micky; I tend to ramble on but the members on here are a forgiving bunch. (y)

WOW; the sun has just burst through I'd better get my welding helmet out?

Kind regards, Colin.

You're lucky to have Blackie back. I'm worry about my water butt supply now.

Ask a Question