Just had to share my Passion Flower

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
passion floer2.jpg
Its been growing in a pot on my patio and I moved it into my Greenhouse for th ecoming winter .

And here it is in bloom again .

Reaction score
That is gorgeous. How often does it typically bloom? I can see why you would want to protect it. Great job.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
This is my 1st year growing it so have only had 3 blooms.

Many yrs ago I grow this from seeds I took back from Keukenhof gardens 6 germinated so I gave 5 to friends and kept 1 and sadly I lost it as It got frosted as I forgot to protect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love Passion Flowers! So far, I've only seen them in pictures, never in person, but they always amaze me with their unique beauty. I like how detailed they are, I feel that I could look at them for hours without getting bored:)

Reaction score
That's a really beautiful flower :) I had never seen a flower like that in my entire life! It's really beautiful, a bit minimalistic, but really beautiful :)

Reaction score
It is a beautiful flower. I love the taste of the passion fruit, it is so tropical. They are so exotic. They grow native in the southeastern part of the US.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I don't remember ever seeing such a variety of designs in one flower. It's outstanding and I'd love to have an opportunity to get creative with photographing one of those. Sadly there are so many candidates and so little time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It is a beautiful flower. I love the taste of the passion fruit, it is so tropical. They are so exotic. They grow native in the southeastern part of the US.
What do passion fuit taste like? Could you try to describe it? Are they sweet? I'm curious, because I've never eaten them. I'm not even sure what do they look like.
I think that I saw somewhere passion fruit flavored candies, but I didn't buy them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'm no good at describing tastes, but they're a fruit with a hard black skin which is full of small black pips coated in orange flesh. You eat the pips.

When I saw the name passion flower on this thread I didn't associate it with the granadilla (passion fruit). I just recalled that I tried growing a granadilla plant once, but I kept it indoors and it died. I never got to see the flowers so I didn't realise that it was such a beautiful plant. Now I think I'll have to try again.

Hmm, looking at the picture in this search, I see that the fruit aren't always black. That's two things I've learnt today.

Reaction score
I have never seen this plant before. The flower is very intriguing. Do the flowers come in other colorations or just what's pictured? Is it a delicate plant or pretty hardy?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I have never seen this plant before. The flower is very intriguing. Do the flowers come in other colorations or just what's pictured? Is it a delicate plant or pretty hardy?

In the link I added to my previous post there are flowers in a variety of colours.

From what scotkat has said it sounds like the plant is frost sensitive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have now moved passion flower into my conservatory think shall also move my standard fuchsias indoors to which I call my Sittootery when I can no longer potter outdoors as winter arrives.

Reaction score
In the link I added to my previous post there are flowers in a variety of colours.

From what scotkat has said it sounds like the plant is frost sensitive.
Thanks for answering my questions. I love sharing information with other gardeners!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Thanks for answering my questions. I love sharing information with other gardeners!
It's a pleasure. I try to help when I can. Unfortunately most of my gardening knowledge is related to bonsai but that flower was so beautiful I had to look it up. I wish I had room for one of those in my little greenhouse, but it's so full that in winter I can't even get inside without moving some plants out first.

Reaction score
View attachment 1175 Its been growing in a pot on my patio and I moved it into my Greenhouse for th ecoming winter .

And here it is in bloom again .

Such a beautiful picture of a passion flower bloom.
It almost looks like it is not real.
the world is filled with so much beauty.
I love this picture, thank you so much for sharing. it.

Ask a Question