Japanese maple bloodgood in full sun?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've looked all over the internet and they say all sorts of different things so I wan't to hear from someone who has experience with the bloodgood Japanese maple. So my bloodgood is in a location where it gets sun from 9:30-2:30. I recently transplanted it for reasons and that is the only place I can have this maple for size reasons. After transplanting this maple though, the leaves are getting brown spots more than before. And when I transplanted it, this maple wasn't established yet since I only planted it like a month ago. Its around 3 feet tall. So would 5 hours of direct sun be too much for it? The average summer temperature here is around 85 degrees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had one. Afternoon sun is too much for them; mine got a few hours of sun in the morning but was shaded otherwise, and did very well. Might depend on which specific cultivar and region too? They seem fairly common here and mostly I see them planted in somewhat or partially shaded yards. I researched mine before I planted and in my zone it was generally recommended that morning sun was ok but not afternoon sun. And you are on a somewhat warmer zone than me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had one. Afternoon sun is too much for them; mine got a few hours of sun in the morning but was shaded otherwise, and did very well. Might depend on which specific cultivar and region too? They seem fairly common here and mostly I see them planted in somewhat or partially shaded yards. I researched mine before I planted and in my zone it was generally recommended that morning sun was ok but not afternoon sun. And you are on a somewhat warmer zone than me.
So would 9:30-2:30 be too much for it? Because I really don't have another spot to plant this tree

Ask a Question