Japanese Cherry blossoms

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
image.jpg

Cherry blossom time is almost over, but I went out on the weekend to try and enjoy what was left of them - this is a shrine about 30 minutes from where I live. Love the color of the blossoms against the vibrant reddish orange shrine!

Hope you enjoy this glimpse of Japan!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Beautiful! (y)

And only the next weekend, they're all gone! It's definitely a case of here one minute and gone the next. But I'm glad I got out last weekend to really soak up the last of their beauty.

I'm thinking about going to a nearby park tomorrow as their tulip festival is happening - I love tulips so I'll report back with pictures if I do end up going! :)

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
My friends have sent me so much pictures and a video of these beautiful trees. Sakura blossoms are so beautiful in person, no picture or video can do it justice. It's so sad that they will be around for a short while. Last year I happened to be overseas during this time. In the small rural area we were in, everyone spent so much time outdoors to see these trees. It's a special time there especially for young couples.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh that is beautiful! It looks so pretty against that tall building! We are no where near blooming of anything, but it is coming and the earth will wake up and sings!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a beautiful picture Amelia, I love it. It's one of my dreams to visit Japan and see all those gorgeous cherry blossoms:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Thanks everyone! I really loved the interesting contrast that the shrine and the tree made together - a bit of the "beauty in man made structures and the beauty of nature combined!"

I really recommend Japan during cherry blossom season for anyone contemplating a visit. I think that the weather is nicest then and there's a lot going on that's fun!

Ask a Question