Japanese Cherry Blossoms

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone grow these? I know DC is famous for having them during a certain time of year. I recently went to a wedding and they have them as the center pieces. They were beautiful! I’ve never seen them in person but they are definitely one of my favorites. Do they survive during colder months?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
The trees last year round but have pretty distinct seasons. We have plenty of them over here in our local area, although I'm not lucky enough to have any in my yard! In summer there will be bright green leaves, in Autumn they lose all their leaves, in winter they look rather bare, as can be expected, but in spring you'll get the beautiful blossoms! I love these trees because to me they really do mark the changing seasons incredibly well!

Reaction score
I've always liked those trees :) Whenever those are mentioned I think of Japan ;) As a kid I really wanted to visit that place because I was a big fan of anime ;) And also I thought those trees were everywhere in the streets, lol.

Ask a Question