I've been asked to heal this poor plant.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

A friend of mine approached me asking for help. As you see in the pictures, the plant is not doing well. My guess is that it's been overwatered. It has been in an office with no direct sunlight and no fresh air. Is there any chance I can help it?

Thanks,
Moh

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Looks like a Dracena to me...fairly easy to care for but that one is in very rough shape.

From the looks of it, I would consider cutting it back all the way to healthy firm wood. Also check to be sure it is not root bound.

You may loose it...but IMO the best chance of saving it would be to cut back the weak spongy material and hope it regrows. Give it plenty of light and moist soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cut it back to a height you are comfortable with. Evidently, it has had good enough care outside of cutting it back whenever you want to. The best time to do this is spring.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I would cut that back as members have suggested and it definitely needs repotting as the roots are exposing themselves.

Ask a Question