It's Lupin time

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Hi earth lovers,
Well inspite of this back ache ive managed to grow!!!!!!! im still doing the easy jobs like dead heading the roses and nows a good time to remove the Lupin stalks that have flowered,
If you remove these stalks now you'll get a second showing later on this summer and if your Lupins are younger plants this idea of removing this years early stalks helps the plant to form a good root system for the future flowers,
If like myself you like to collect your own Lupin seeds you'll still be able to collect the second flowering stalk seeds (quite a mouth full that last sentence, try saying it):D
Ive been out this morning with the dogs for our daily walk and i thought i'd share the walk with you,
Now when i leave the front door and go through the big gates i have approx 60/80yards down our path and then i can turn left or right, both directions take you along a track and into the woods , But you'll pass a few fields as you head for the small river about two miles away (3/4 of an hours slow walk)

The dogs dont mind what way we go left or right once we're off our own path, they enjoy what i call their time to read the doggy news ie sniff sniff and whats been here over the night and each field has something of interest for them to see, Deer in the distance can offten be seen eating the sweet early morn grass.

One field at the moment has young cows with their mums and as i get into sight they all come running across their field to the start of the wired fence and just stare at all of us,
The dogs dont take a lot of notice as they've seen herds & herds of cows over the years "But the young cow's dont get to see many dogs in this area and so as i walk along this pathed fence the cow's join me until they can't go any further as their field comes to an end and i leave them there and continue to the river,

Having spent 20 mins or so watching the dogs taking a swim and sitting offering their paw in return for a good boy and a biscuit as reward we start the return walk home and as we come back to the field of young cow's they're still waiting for us and join in the walk until they get to the opposit end of the wire and we walk on through the woods towards home not having seen another human or heard a car, Just the sound of the birds,

Ive offten thought "I wonder if we're walking past some plants/ wild shrub that holds the answer to cancer cure's ??? This may sound daft and i'd be the first to agree But you just never know what nature's hiding that we dont know about ?

As ive thought this thought "out of the blue" i can smell this wonderful smell but i cant see any tree/bush that can give such a perfumed scent and still this perfume scent is getting stronger and then i see it, Any idea"s,??

Yes it's a well hidden Honeysuckle shrub,
Is'nt nature something else in life and all this is here and for free all you have to do is find an open space and see what you can find,
Ive found many a find you'd just never believe ref nature and offerings, Even a mouse way up a mountain early one freezing morning when i was in the Army during a selection course in north Wales, But that's another story.

Have a nice day folks.

Ask a Question